DCP issues notice for traffic regulation on Durga Puja from 1st October to 5th October and on the day of the International Cricket Match at Baraspara on 2nd October.
Restrictions have been imposed on the movement of vehicles from 1st October 2022 onwards.
Several areas of Guwahati have no entry under the police stations during Durga puja –
Dispur PS area, Basistha PS area, Bharalamukh PS area, Jalukbari PS area, Panbazar PS area, Chandmari PS area, Noonmati PS area.
Restrictions have also been imposed on the movement of city buses. Additionally, commercial buses coming from Lower Assam will be terminated at the Adabari bus terminal and the Upper Assam side shall be terminated at the ISBT terminal.
These measures have been taken keeping in mind the smooth flow of traffic in Guwahati for the coming days.
Traffic regulation on Durga Puja No Entry Restrictions under the following Police Stations
a) Dispur PS arca:
- Dr. RP Road will be one-way from Ganesh Mandir side towards Ganeshguri flyover.
- There will be no entry for vehicles coming from Zoo Road side towards Ganesh Mandir side, Dispur.
- No entry from Ganeshguri Whole Sale market side to Ganeshguri through Service road.
- Sankerdev path will be one way only from Wholesale market side towards RP road
b) Basistha PS area:(Ganesh Mandir side).
- No entry from Jayanagar Chariali side towards Beltola Tinilai except vehicles of local residents. It will be one way from Beltola Tiniali side towards Jayanagar Chariali side.
- Bishnu Rabha Path will be one way from Beltola Tiniali side towards Bhetapara Chariali.
- No entry on Dr. BN Saikia road from Beltola Tiniali towards Basistha Chariali side.
- AG office bylane will be one way from AG office side towards Saurav Nagar and Tripura Goli. No vehicles should be allowed to enter from Tripura Goli and Saurav Nagar side.
- Parking of vehicle shall be allowed in one side of Tripura Goli. 6. No entry of vehicles from Basistha Chariali towards Beltola Tiniali except the vehicles of Local residents.
c) Bharalumukh PS area:
- No entry from Fatasil Chariali, Railway Gate No. 6, 7, 8 and from Sati Jaymati road towards Kumarpara Panchali.
- No Entry from Chabipool towards Bishnupur and Fatasil Chariali.
- No Entry from RK Choudhury road to KRC road.
- Parking of vehicles shall not be allowed on A.T. Road (Athgaon flyover to Bharalumukh) and Dinesh Goswami Road (Between Bharalumukh to Shantipur).
- One-way movement of vehicles will be allowed from Fatasil Charilali to Chabipool.
- No Entry of vehicles from Sluice gate towards Pragjyotish College on JP Agarwala Road.
- No Entry of vehicles from Bishnupur Bridge towards Cycle Factory side.
- No Entry of vehicles from Haryana Bhawan towards Kumarpara Panchali.
d) Jalukbari PS area:
- No Entry from Maligaon Chariali towards Pandu. Entry is open from Adabari Tiniali to Maligaon Charilai via Pandu Port Road.
- No Entry of vehicles on P.N.G.B. Road Railway crossing from Gosala side and the vehicles will be diverted towards Maligaon 3rd gate side.
- All vehicles from Kamakhya Railway Station and Gotanagar area shall be allowed to move through Railway Gate No. 3 and Railway HQ.
- There will be no entry at the entry point of newly constructed Kamakhya Temple Ghat Road from Pandu Cabin and also from Kamakhya Mandir side (Near ASTC stoppage).
e) Panbazar PS area:
- No entry on MS Road from Sani Mandir side towards Gate No. 04. Entry of vehicles will be opened from Railway Gate No. 04 towards Shanimandir.
- No entry of vehicles from MG road towards Khubchand point on Dr. JC Das Road (Phulgali).
- The vehicles coming from Commissioner point towards GNB road will be diverted through College Hostel road towards GNB road. f) Chandmari PS/ Gectanagar PS:
- No vehicles shall be allowed to enter from Anuradha Point to Hatigarh Chariali.
- Vehicles will be allowed to enter from Hatigarh Chariali only.
g) Noonmati PS arca: 1. No entry from Bandana Point to Refinery gate via SBI Gali.
D) RESTRICTIONS ON MOVEMENT OF CITY BUSES:
1) Basistha Mandir to Garpandu Bus Stand (via Ganeshguri, Zoo Road, Chandmari, Rabindra Bhawan, Kachari, Maligaon) shall move via Basistha Chariali, Tripura Goli, Joyanagar, Sixmile, Express Highway, Narengi, Noonmati towards Destination.
2) Basistha Mandir to Dharapur (via Basistha Chariali BeltolaTiniali, Survey, Supermarket, Ganeshguri flyover, Paltanbazar, AT Road, Bharalumukh, Maligaon) shall move via Basistha Chariali, Tripur Goli, Joyanagar, Sixmile, GS Road towards Destination.
3) Garpandu Bus Stand to Lalganesh (via Maligaon, Kachari, Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Zoo Road, Ganeshguri, Ganesh Mandir, Kahilipara, Lalganesh) shall move via Maligaon, Kachari, Rabindra Bhawan, Guwahati Club, Chandmari flyover, Noonmati, Patharquarry, Express Highway, Sixmile, GS Road, Supermarket, Last Gate, Ganesh Mandir Kahilipara Lalganesh.
4) Natbama to Amingaon (via RP Road, Ganeshguri, Chandmari, Kachari, Amingaon) shall move via National Highway 27, Tripura Goli, Express Highway, Narengi, Noonmati, Chandmari, Amingaon.
5) Panjabari to Dharapur (via Sixmile, Super market, Last Gate, Ganesh Mandir, Zoo Road, Chandmari, MG road) shall move via Express Highway, Noonmati, Chandmari, MG Road to their destination. From Dharapur, the City Buses shall move via Maligaon, Chandmari, Zoo Road, over Ganeshguri fly over, Sixmile fly over.
E) PROPOSED ROUTE FOR COMMERCIAL PASSENGER VEHICLES:
1) Commercial passenger vehicles, particularly, having all Assam Tourist Permit coming from Lower Assam side will be terminated at Adabari bus terminus during the days of the Puja. Similarly, vehicles coming from Upper Assam side shall be allowed to come upto the ISBT, Betkuchi.
2) The ASTC undertaking buses coming from Lower Assam side to Machkhowa shall
not be allowed to enter from Jalukbari and will be diverted to ISBT.
Also Read: Food Delivery Man Flies Up High-rise Building To Deliver Food