A new set of directives have been issued for the employees of the Assam Secretariat on daily or fixed or monthly honorarium.
The directives have been issued, taking into consideration, the interest of smooth and effective functioning of the assembly.
The new order for Assam Secretariat employees are as follows-
- All employees have to reach the office at 9:30 AM sharp and mandatorily mark their attendance in the biometric attendance system and log out only after office hours at the time of leaving the office.
- Employees need to perform duties above and beyond official working hours as per need and urgency of work.
- All employees have to attend the office on all working days with formal attire only. They include a salwar suit, saree, mekhela chador and formal shirt pant.
- No casual attire such as t-shirts, jeans, leggings, etc will be allowed on duty.
- Traditional dress of any community of Assam should be worn every Wednesday as desired by the employee.
- All employees irrespective of rank should wear office uniforms to be prescribed and provided by the Secretariat mandatorily during the assembly sessions and any other formal occasions.
The order also states, if any employee fails to comply with the instructions will bear severe consequences. Moreover, if any employee fails to fulfil the requisite hours of working shall be liable for a deduction in his or her monthly salary.