A wild elephant died due to electrocution in Hojai on Tuesday.
According to Divisional Forest Officer, Nagaon South Division, Hojai, a manly elephant progressed about 45 to 46 died on the spot after coming in contact with a live line at Nandanpur under Kapili Valley Range on Tuesday at around 4.30 am.
Meanwhile, a necropsy has been conducted, the details of which are awaited.
In yet another incident of electrocution, a wild giant died in Hojai after coming in contact with a live cable.
The incident happened in Hojai’s West Nandapur on Monday night.
Cable with a voltage of volts
Around 150 jumbos had descended last night in the hunt for food in Hojai’s West Nandapur.
One of the jumbos was electrocuted after coming in contact with a volts cable and died.
There were 18 jumbos killed, including five pins
The necropsy of the elephant has been conducted, the details of which are awaited, the PRO said.
In May this year, 18 jumbos, including five calves, died due to accidental electrocution by lightning at the Kondoli proposed reserve forestland, also known as Bamuni hill, under the Nagaon Forest Division. PTI TR JRC JRC.