Complaints were filed as more than 200 people caught the fever and started vomiting after consuming the “prasad” from a religious event.
Over 200 were taken to the hospital after the religious event
On Thursday, in Hojai District of Assam, over 200 people were taken ill to the hospital in Hojai, and some have been admitted to a hospital in Nagaon town.
According to officials, they fell victim to food poisoning after consumption of “prasad” offered at a religious function in the Hojai district.
On Tuesday, over 200 people had consumed the “prasad” and other eateries at the event in Ward 7 of Lanka town according to another report from officials.
Complains about fever and vomiting
Almost all of the people that were present at the event complained of fever and vomiting from Wednesday, i.e., the next day itself.
Lastly, officials who are monitoring the whole situation said that some people who went to Hojai and Nagaon for better treatment facilities in private hospitals haven’t been seriously ill but care and monitoring are required.