Health Minister Keshab Mahanta informed the release of a new SOP in a major cabinet meeting held on Friday 3 December, in the wake of detection of 2 new Omicron cases in India
With two fresh cases of novel coronavirus variant ‘Omicron’ found in India in Karnataka, a cabinet meeting was held where Assam’s Health Minister Keshab Mahanta shared the information that the new SOP( Standard Operating Procedure) will soon be released by the Assam government.
A cause for concern?
“If there is no travel history, we have to think about possible presence in the community. The travel history probably needs to be checked again,” Dr. C Nagaraj, Director of Karnataka’s Rajiv Gandhi institute of Health Diseases states.
It must be noted that the new variant is less harmful than the earlier COVID19 variant. It only spreads much faster from one person to another.
SOP for state to be released soon
- The Health Minister also informed that new policies will be made for foreigners travelling to India and a new SOP regarding this would be released soon.
- Currently tests to detect the presence of the Omicron variant are conducted only in the states of Pune and Kolkata.
Few of the major decisions taken in the cabinet meeting are:
- The practice of using Ballot papers in the Municipal elections has been done away with. EVMs ( Electronic Voting Machines) will be used to cast votes.
- Registration of multiple co-operatives at one place.
- Engineer from PWD(Public Works Department) to not be allowed to go on deputation to other departments.
- NABARD will grant a loan to the State Government of Rs. 564 crores for Biswanath Medical College and 557 crores to Charaideo Medical college.
- Equity against power department’s 931.91 crore loan.
- CM will soon announce the awardees for ‘Asom Sourav’, ‘Asom Baibhav’ and ‘Asom Gourav.’
ALSO READ: CONGRESS MP PRADYUT BORDOLOI MOVES PRIVATE MEMBER BILL IN LOK SABHA SEEKING SEPARATE TIME ZONE FOR NORTHEAST