Try out the ultra-light and fluffy lemon cake recipe, filled with tangy fresh lemon cream, giving a perfect sweet treat that you’ll want to make for your next dessert!
One of the best thing about this cake is that it is a perfect treat for breakfast, dessert, or even with a cup of tea or coffee in the afternoon! Made with freshly grated lemon zest, this light and the fluffy cake gets an extra zing of citrus from the homemade lemon cream that we’ll add as a filling.
Follow the simple recipe to enjoy the yummy cake-
Lemon Cake Recipe –
- 4 Eggs
- 200g Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- 100g Vegetable Oil
- 100g water
- 250 Flour
- 16g of baking powder
Ingredients for Lemon Cream:
- 70 ml of Lemon Juice 2 lemons
- 100 ml of Orange Juice 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of flour
Instructions for the Lemon Cake Recipe:
- First preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Separate the yolks from the whites using a separator. Add the egg whites to a large bowl.
- Using a hand blender, whip the egg whites until they are light and fluffy. They should be sturdy enough that you are able to create peaks.
- Add the sugar a little while mixing until they are fully blended with the egg whites.
- Now add the yolks back into the fluffy egg white mixture. Continue to blend with the hand mixer.
- Using a zester or grater, add the entire peel of a lemon into the mixture. Blend until everything is mixed together.
- Continue to blend the mixture while adding the oil a little at a time.
- Now repeat this with the water. Gradually add water while still blending the mixture.
- All our liquid ingredients for the lemon cake recipe have been combined, so now it’s time to add our dry ingredients to start making a cake batter! Gradually add the flour bit by bit into the batter.
- Now pour in the baking powder and mix with the blender until combined. It’s important to make sure that there aren’t any clumps!
- In your baking pan (we are using a round springform pan), line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Drizzle or brush 2 teaspoons of oil into the bottom, making sure to cover the entire sheet of parchment and the sides of the pan.
- Add a full teaspoon of flour to the pan. You’ll want to shake the pan to make sure the flour evenly covers the entire bottom with the paper and all the sides.
- Pour your batter into the pan. You can give the pan a few shakes and taps to get rid of any air bubbles and to make sure it’s evenly spread.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
Lemon Cream Directions
- While it’s baking, let’s start on the lemon cream for the lemon pound cake recipe! In a small saucepan, add the lemon juice, orange juice, sugar and flour.
- Whisk the ingredients together, so they are properly mixed.
- Now place the saucepan on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- While it’s heating up, make sure that you continue to whisk the mixture the entire time to get out any loose clumps and to prevent the batter from burning on the bottom.
- Remove the cream from the heat once it’s thick. This entire process should only take a few minutes.
Time to combine!
- Once the cake is finished baking, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan. Using a large bread knife, cut the cake in half so that you have two even layers.
- Remove the top layer of the cake and pour the entire lemon cream mixture on the bottom half. With a spatula spread the cream around the cake evenly.
- Place the top half back on, dust with a bit of powdered sugar, and enjoy this citrusy-sweet dessert!
Also Read : Easy Pizza Recipe under 30 mins! Check it out