As per the notice from the Office of the Deputy Commissioner of Police, a set of traffic guidelines will be put in place to ensure public safety, especially for vulnerable road users like children, students and senior citizens.
Traffic restrictions have been put in place –
- From 22nd June to 26th June, no vehicles shall be allowed to enter from Kamakhya foothill towards Kamakhya temple except the Ferry Car, vehicles associated with essential services and a few vehicles of kamakhya temple and residents authorized by District Administration.
- No inter-district and long-distance buses shall be allowed.
- No goods carrying heavy, medium or small commercial vehicles shall be allowed to ply on DG Road and MG Road.
- Vehicles coming from Bharalamukh side towards Kamakhya gate will drop devotees near Kamakhya gate and move towards Adabari and will park at Boripara Field.
- Vehicles coming from Maligaon side towards Kamakhya gate will drop the devotees near Kamakhya gate and will move towards Bharalumukh
- No vehicles shall be allowed to ply on the newly constructed road from Pandu Temple Ghat.