In a recent meeting the Assam Cabinet has decided to reduce CM’s carcade size and stop halting traffic for long.
In order to reduce public inconvenience the Assam Cabinet on January 27 meeting has decided to reduce the CM’s carcade size and stop halting traffic during Chief Minister’s travel.
Assam Cabinet decides to stop felicitations
The cabinet has also decided to stop felicitations for CM and other state Ministers.
Further, as mentioned at official meetings, besides deciding on civic polls no felicitation should be done.
Assam Cabinet also decided
As per reports from the Sentinel, Other key decisions taken up in the Assam Cabinet Meeting are:
1) To Reduce CM’s Carcade Size
2) To minimize public inconvenience, CM’s carcade to be limited to 6 cars within Guwahati Metropolitan Area and 12 in other areas/districts, excluding Escort and Pilot
3) During road travel of CM, traffic will not be disrupted beforehand. If required, may be paused for a period not exceeding 2 minutes
4) Movement of the ambulance to get precedence over CM’s carcade and will not be stopped
5) Decided Guidelines For Reception Of Dignitaries
6) The practice of felicitations and offering gifts to CM, Ministers and senior officials during an official function to be discontinued. However, visiting dignitaries will be provided with proper courtesy
7) District Day Observance
8) District Day to be observed by all districts on the date of notification for district creation and celebrated with enthusiasm with the involvement of local people
9) If notification is not available, the date of joining of the first DC to be observed as District Day.
10) Guidelines For Announcements
11) During official tours and public programmes, Ministers will provide information only on Schemes that are already part of the Budget or any other Govt announcement
12) In the interest of financial prudence, CM and other Ministers do not make any fresh announcements without taking into consideration the availability of adequate financial resources. However, after consulting departments, schemes can be taken up as per requests made during the function
13) Municipal Polls
14) State Election Commission to schedule and conduct Municipal Elections before 10 March 2022
15) Vidhan Sabha Budget Session
16) Budget Session of Assam Legislative Assembly to commence on 14 March 2022
ALSO READ: AMCH HANDS OVER WRONG DEAD BODY OF BABY TO RELATIVES