Northeast is home to some of the world’s most stunning and enjoyable locations. So, when it’s time to celebrate New Year’s Eve, one can choose from a variety of places to go and have a good time.
Tourists from all over the world flock to India’s northeast states, which are known for their rolling hills, lush valleys, and bubbling rivers, as well as its fascinating aura.
It will be time to say goodbye to this year and embrace the next one with open arms in just a few days. And what better way to commemorate the turning of the calendar than by visiting new and exciting locations where you may yell the new year countdown in unison with hundreds of others until the clock strikes twelve? Or have a cosy little space you can spend time with your near and dear ones!
Here are a few destinations that you can visit this new year to fill your holidays with a stunning new experience.
But just to let you guys know it’s not Goa or Pondicherry!
5 best places to celebrate your New year in beautiful Northeast!
- Shillong, also called as the “Scotland of the East,” may be a little too “touristy” for some, but it’s still a fantastic place to spend the new year. The weather in December adds to the allure of this already lovely location. Evenings in Shillong may be pretty delightful because you can go shopping for trinkets or simply relax with a cup of coffee in a cafe.
- The City of Guwahati is always welcoming to party peeps around North East! With a variety of accommodations, activities, and parties in various hotels and cafes throughout the city, the city caters to guests with varying needs. The best New Year’s countdown experience is at smashing parties and nightclubs.
- Sikkim is one of the most beautiful states of North East. With organic food and tastier cuisines to delish your experience. You can unwind in a remote village’s isolated Homestays or spend a night at a nightclub. Gangtok‘s MG marg is primarily known for its nightclubs and restaurants.
- In Kohima, there are some incredible adventurous New Year’s Eve events that will get you in the mood and provide you with a truly unforgettable experience. Camping, trekking, rappelling, or simply going on a backpacking trip are all great ways to recharge your batteries and start the new year off right. But that’s not all; the venue hosts wild parties as well as stunning parties featuring delectable Naga cuisine and much more.
- Imphal, Manipur‘s largest city, is full of beautiful restaurants and cafés where you may have an unforgettable time with the kind people of Manipur. There are plenty of events and celebrations to brighten your day. A visit to the wonderful Loktak lake, with its picturesque splendour, might also make you feel refreshed.