spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
Sunday, May 26, 2024
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img

Latest Posts

Time to lock up your tomatoes? Vehicle carrying tomatoes worth Rs. 2 lakh stolen in Bengaluru amid soaring prices

spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
- Advertisement -

In a bizarre incident that unfolded during a routine transportation task, a farmer from Hiriyur in Chitradurga district fell victim to a robbery when his Bolero, loaded with 210 crates of tomatoes worth Rs. 2 lakh, was stolen en route to the Kolar market. “During the journey, the Bolero accidentally touched another car, resulting in the car’s mirror being broken. The passengers in the car then got into an altercation with the farmer and Bolero driver, demanding Rs. 10,000 in damages for their car,” said a police officer.

Seizing the opportunity, the miscreants forcibly took the driver and farmer to a secluded location in Budigere, leaving them stranded as they made their escape. To their dismay, when the duo eventually returned to where the Bolero was parked, they found it missing, adding insult to injury. “The car sustained minor damage in the accident, but the occupants demanded Rs. 10,000 as compensation and even threatened us,” stated the distraught Bolero driver, Shivanna.

Following the shocking turn of events, the distressed farmer and driver wasted no time and promptly lodged a complaint at the RMC Yard police station. The incident, which occurred around midnight on Saturday, has prompted a thorough investigation by the authorities. CCTV footage from the vicinity is currently being examined in hopes of identifying the culprits responsible for this audacious act.

“A case has been registered under sections 379 (theft) and 390 (robbery) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), and the police are actively investigating the matter. We have some promising leads and expect to apprehend the culprits soon,” assured RMC Yard police inspector B. Suresh. Meanwhile, with tomato prices soaring above Rs. 100 per kilogram, farmers across the state are on high alert, taking necessary precautions to safeguard their valuable produce from potential threats.

In a surprising turn of events, the price of tomatoes has taken a steep nosedive at the Pamohi wholesale market, leaving consumers in a state of delight. The Kamrup (M) District Administration has just released the much-awaited price list, revealing a significant decrease to a mere Rs. 80 per kilogram.

Sources indicate that a whopping 100 quintals of this veggie have arrived at the market, ensuring a plentiful supply for eager shoppers. Interestingly, approximately 80% of these tomatoes hail from Nasik and Bengaluru, while the remaining 20% come all the way from Shillong. Regrettably, no tomato production occurs within the boundaries of Assam itself.

Time to lock up your tomatoes? Vehicle carrying tomatoes worth Rs. 2 lakh stolen in Bengaluru amid soaring prices

No tomato in your Mcdonald`s meal! As tomato prices skyrocket in India, veggie going out of menu; company says ‘temporary’ issue

In response to the soaring prices of tomatoes across the country, fast-food giant McDonald’s has made the decision to eliminate the use of tomatoes in its burgers and wraps at various locations in India. Unfavorable weather conditions, including heavy rainfall in tomato-growing regions, have disrupted transportation and distribution, causing a sharp increase in tomato prices.

Wholesale prices of the vegetable have surged by a staggering 288 percent, with the highest value reaching Rs 160 per kilogram. Consequently, customers’ consumption of this essential vegetable has also declined. McDonald’s India released an official statement on Friday, explaining that the removal of tomatoes from their menu is due to a “temporary” issue caused by “seasonal issues” in tomato procurement.

Amidst this fiasco, a notice displayed at the outlet by Connaught Plaza Restaurants read, “We are ever committed to serve you the best food with the best of ingredients. Despite our best efforts, we are no able to get adequate quantities of tomatoes which pass our world class stringent quality checks. Hence for the time being, we are forced to serve you products without tomatoes. Rest assured; we are working to get the tomato supplies back.”

This development has sparked mixed reactions among McDonald’s patrons, who may need to adjust their preferences during this period. While the temporary removal of the veggie may inconvenience some, the fast-food chain’s dedication to quality and customer satisfaction remains at the forefront.

MADHYA PRADESH: SHOCKING VIDEO OF MAN PEEING ON TRIBAL LABOURER GOES VIRAL; SPARKS OUTRAGE AMONG PUBLIC, CM ORDERS ACTION

spot_img
spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_imgspot_img

Don't Miss

spot_imgspot_img