No Indigo passengers or crew members were injured
According to officials with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), no passengers or cabin crew members were injured as a result of the event.
The aircraft 6E 2037 was flying from Dibrugarh, Assam, to Delhi when a cabin crew member noticed sparks and smoke coming from a passenger’s phone, according to officials.
According to them, the cabin crew member used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.
They said the plane landed safely at the Delhi airport about 12.45 p.m. on Thursday.
In a statement, IndiGo said, “There was an incident of a mobile device battery heating up abnormally on flight 6E 2037 from Dibrugarh to Delhi. The crew is trained to manage all hazardous incidents and they quickly manage the situation. There was no harm caused to any passenger or property onboard.”